Thursday, October 11, 2018

Week #6
One of my favorite parts about studying the scriptures is that it helps me prioritize the things in life that are most important. Today I was reading in Matthew 6, verse 33 which reads: "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you"

To me this verse is a reminder that there are a lot of things we can worry about, aspire to achieve, seek to own, etc. But the most important thing is to become fully converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This conference weekend was a reminder of how important it is to stay focused on the gospel teachings in the world we live in today.

The principle I gained from this scripture is that as we seek to follow the Savior and obey God's commandments, the rest the things in life will be taken care of. Granted, we still need to work hard and provide for ourselves... but if we are truly converted we can live with less and still feel a sense of peace and joy that we couldn't feel with all of the material goods in the world.

This applies to me now as I'm balancing being a husband and friend with school and work. Life can be incredibly busy, but as I find the time to seek the Kingdom of God and the things of God, I will be blessed in my other day to day pursuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment