Friday, April 7, 2017

SPECIAL BLOG POST- Remote Meeting via Google Hangouts 

Yesterday Monika and I met with Brittany and Lewis in a video conference via Google Hangouts. This was the first time I had done a call of this nature. I have been using Skype for years, but I have never chatted with more than room of people at a time. I was blown away by how easy it was to get connected and that the call went so smoothly.

At first, I signed up for the freeconferencing.com website but it was asking for my information and I didn't want everyone in the group to have to create an account. I decided to give Google Hangouts a try and it was by far the most convenient in my opinion. My favorite feature about the three way call was that when Lewis would speak the camera would focus on him. He would be large while he was talking, but then when Brittany began to speak she should enter into the center of the picture and Lewis became small. Technology is great!

During our remote meeting we were able to assign tasks and talk specifics just like we are able to when we meet in person. It was incredibly convenient and worked wonderfully. Our call lasted nearly 25 minutes which is almost as much time as it takes for us to get to campus from our apartment in Mapleton. I definitely plan on utilizing Google Hangouts and this type of meeting more often when it comes to work or in group projects.

I am grateful for each member of my group. Lewis Bird is a stud, Brittany Hallam is very responsible, and Monika Peay is my best friend. You can find their blogs below:


Lewis Birdhttps://medium.com/@lewislbird4
Brittany Hallamhttps://brittanyhallam.wixsite.com/finepractically/blog
Monika Peayhttps://monikavcabrera.wixsite.com/mysite

No comments:

Post a Comment