Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Week #12- You've Got to Finish Strong

My earliest memories include staying up "late" to watch the second half of Jazz games on TV with my parents. Karl Malone and John Stockton were two basketball greats, and I actually had the chance to spend some pretty good time with Karl Malone on hunting trips with my Dad.

With that nostalgic introduction, I am proud to announce that this year the Utah Jazz will be back in the playoffs! I have kept a close eye on the standings all season long. The regular season that started clear back in October for the Jazz will come to an end after just eight more games. They have been in 4th in the Western Conference standings for the majority of the season it seems. If the season would have ended a month ago, or two months ago, or even three months ago the Jazz would have home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs. Although the Jazz have been in the hunt for home court advantage for months, it is worthless unless they finish the season strong.

Life is funny that way sometimes. You could have an A in your classes all semester long, but in reality the only time that really matters is when it is all said and done. Looking at these two examples it is clear to see the importance of finishing what you started to the best of your ability.

I will apply this lesson in my life as I search for motivation to finish the school year strong. This semester has been a really tough one for me. I have taken 10 tests in the last 8 weeks, and I am starting to feel a bit exhausted to be honest. That being said, I will dig deep and push hard until the finish line. I will turn on assignments on time, study hard for tests, and do everything I can to finish with straight A's. I may come up short, but I will do my very best.

Whether it is the Jazz looking to clinch home-court advantage, or my good buddy Lewis Bird pushing to finish M Com 320 with an A, we all need to finish this next month strong.

We can do it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the motivation. It's so true that we just have to keep at it and finish strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely relate to your comment about finishing the semester strong in school. I have always found it stressful that we have to take finals which could mess up everything we have accomplished during the year

    ReplyDelete