Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Week #4- Feedback is essential 

I am grateful for the assignment I was given to read the book Where's the Gift. The book discusses the importance of receiving feedback from others and doing your best to apply the feedback. Because I am human and have several weaknesses, I feel that I need to be more open to the criticism/feedback that people give me. 

Openly receiving criticism isn't an easy thing to do, and I believe that most people could improve in this category, but this week I focus on my own need and desire to improve. I believe that opening myself up to feedback and actually seeking it will allow to progress as a person. It will help me to stop making the same mistakes over and over again. Receiving feedback from others will also allow me to learn important lessons from others, without having to make the same mistakes that led other people to learn what they have. 

The next time I have an opportunity to receive feedback on an assignment, or at work, I will look to implement the things that I have learned in my reading. Each Sunday I will review the week that was, and see what I can do better in the week to come. I will strive to be more open to feedback from the people around me. In future posts, I will update you (the audience) on my progress.

What is the most helpful criticism/feedback that you have ever received? How did you feel when it was first given?


1 comment:

  1. Very well written! I definitely agree with you; I especially struggle when feedback in given in an unkind way. I really liked how the book talked about we need to learn from all feedback--kind or not.

    ReplyDelete