Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Week #7- Be Patient, Good Things Will Come

This week I had a powerful experience that re-enforced a lesson that I have learned over the last year or so. My message this week is to be patient, and wait for good things to come. In other words, sometimes our problems have a way of working themselves out if we are patient.

After a great weekend with my family and my wife's family, we got home last night and prepared for the week ahead. We had a couple of assignments due in M Com 320 including a WSB reading response as well as our audience analysis and outline. Since we didn't have school Monday for President's Day, we were scheduled to have class on both Tuesday and Wednesday. Last night and early this morning I did what I had to do in order to get prepared for class today, Tuesday February 21.

I wasn't sure that'd I would have adequate time to finish my paper and do a good job on it by Wednesday, but sure enough the paper due date was switched to next Monday, giving us five extra days to finish it.

With the experience I had today, I can see that stressing out about my Wednesday deadline would've been useless. By taking things one at a time and not going into a panic when we feel overwhelmed, we often find that our problems resolve themselves. I believe that everyone has these experiences. Once our problems are resolved, we look back and tend to wonder what we had been so worried about to begin with.

I know that as we are patient, good things will come. Over-stressing about something in the future rarely does any good. When you feel overwhelmed or stressed, just finish one task at a time and you will always make it through.


Reader Feedback: When have you over-stressed about an issue that was later harmlessly resolved?

No comments:

Post a Comment